MILITARY TRAINING PROGRAM
Program Start Date: May 18th 2015
Check out our last class: http://youtu.be/37MbSNljVjI
Verizon Virtual Career Fair
March 10, 2015
Calling Military Veterans!!!
If you want to work with an industry leader, Verizon is the place to be! Verizon was selected # 10 on the GI Jobs Best Military Employers and #1 in our field. At Verizon, we value the ideas, enthusiasm, and ambition that you bring. Working on our network means that you are tapped into a company that owns and operates the nation’s most reliable network. We need your knowledge, your energy and your ability to deliver when it really matters.
Cell Tech Military Program
We have developed a 5-week training program that will give you the opportunity to understand how our cell and switch sites operate while receiving comprehensive hands-on experience supporting our Network Operations’ teams. You’ll learn from the best minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to useful tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally throughout the program. Upon completion of the 5 week training program you will be assigned to support a specific region with your new skills! Here are just a few things you will be exposed to during your training:
- Network Architecture Overview
- Core and Job Specific Technical Training
- Market Specific Training
- Lead Technician Mentoring
- Tools and Test Equipment Training
- Network Operations Center and Network Repair Bureau
So, if you have an appreciation for technology, wireless devices, and/or network engineering, apply now!
Full time opportunities are available in any one of the following areas:
- Cell Technician
To be successful you’ll need:
- Relevant military experience, equivalent special electronics training, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Intermediate training in at least 3 of the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
- Electronics training in at least 1 of the following fields: telecommunications, two-way radio, paging, or microwave radio is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, stored program control, power, LAN/WAN protocols is required.
- General knowledge in the use of electronic test equipment is required.
- Experience and knowledge of transmission facilities (OC48, T3, T1, and DSO) is required. Experience with OSS required.
- Must be able to start training May 11th 2015
- Application Deadline Submitted by April 15th 2015
- Must have held a Signal/Communications Military Occupation or Civilian equivalent experience
Applicants can send their resumes to:
North East Region locations: email@example.com
South East Region locations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Central Region locations: email@example.com
Western Region locations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information:
- Resume (Civilian email address)
- Top 3 locations of Choice (or Any location will suffice)
Work location openings: (POC’s)
New Berlin, Wisconsin (Central) Pendleton, Oregon (West)
Minneapolis, Minnesota (Central) Billings, Montana (West)
Worthington, Minnesota (Central) Riverton, Wyoming (West)
Van Wert, Ohio (Central) Richfield, Utah (West)
Tiffin/Norwalk, Ohio (Central) Los Angeles/Santa Monica, California (West)
Wooster, Ohio (Central) Inland Empire, California (West)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Central) Santa Clara, California (West)
Marienville/Forest County, Pennsylvania (Northeast) Sacramento, California (West)
Newport News, Virginia (Southeast) Las Vegas, Nevada (West)
Washington, DC (Southeast) Tucson, Arizona (West)
Connecticut (Northeast) 6 Additional positions throughout (Southeast)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Northeast) North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida
Verizon is an equal opportunity employer.
See what Verizon’s doing with Veterans and Military Spouses at www.verizon.com/militaryjobs
On Twitter @verizonmilitary or @verizoncareers