Principal Scientist, Biotherapeutic Design- Yeast Display/Protein Engineering job in La Jolla
Show me jobs like this one
Pfizer's Biotherapeutic Discovery group in La Jolla is seeking an outstanding and highly motivated yeast display expert. The candidate will be responsible for developing biologics (e.g. antibodies & cytokines) by establishing new display protocols and technologies. The primary responsibility will be the hit identification and lead optimization from antibody phage display libraries and hybdridoma. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for working closely with individuals in both protein engineering and biology groups to innovate and develop the next generation of protein therapeutics. The candidate will have access to state of the art protein and antibody engineering technologies and will be expected to continue our tradition of developing world class methods and technologies that enhance our therapeutic discovery efforts.
• Work independently and in teams to develop, implement, and utilize yeast display screenings
• Design and execute antibody discovery and lead optimization campaigns using yeast display
• Function as the yeast display subject matter expert and train other colleagues
• Extensive experience in flow cytometry, and high throughput molecular biology operations such as library construction
• Collect, analyze, and act on NextGen Sequencing and FACS data
• Carry out hands-on lab work to apply protein engineering principles to generation of novel protein therapeutics
• Independently analyze data and troubleshoot methods
• Present experimental designs and results at internal meetings
• Ph.D. in Biological Science (Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Protein Biochemistry, Cell Biology) or a related field (Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Biological Engineering)
• At least 6 years of post-graduate experience in either an academic or industrial setting is preferred
• Strong track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated through publications in highly regarded journals and/or intellectual property generation.
• Track record of demonstrating a creative and proactive approach to problem solving, and strong analytical skills
• Outstanding interpersonal, collaborative and oral communication skills
• Strong motivation, passion and commitment to science and engineering of novel entities
• Ability and desire to work in an interdisciplinary scientific team and the desire to learn new techniques
• Ability to analyze and interpret work published in the field and apply it appropriately
• Technical expertise should include molecular biology, high throughput library generation, flow cytometry, and library selections & screening
• Strong time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects in parallel
• Strong communication skills and ability to present research in a team setting
• Strong desire and initiative to understand the underlying biology and help propose new ideas and techniques to discover next-generation of protein-based therapeutics with unique functionalities
• Strong understanding on how to engineer and characterize protein therapeutics
• Prior experience and ability to design and evaluate different protein therapeutics
• Prior experience in working with immune system derived proteins like antibody, TCR, cytokine and antibody-like scaffold proteins is preferred
• Prior experience in protein modeling and analyzing protein structures
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
|Position Type:||Full Time|
- Sales Manager III | Melbourne | TTEC
- Senior Program Manager - Business Transformation | Irvine | Edwards Lifesciences
- Customer Service Representative | McAllen | TTEC
- (CEN) Windows / Patching Administrator -- Telecommute / Nationwide | Austin | TTEC
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative - Spanish | McAllen | TTEC