Associate Scientist, Ligand Binding Assays job in Pearl River
Show me jobs like this one
|State:||New York (NY)|
The position requires analyst participation in development and qualification of ligand-binding assays for the detection of antibodies to novel candidate vaccines in support of candidate vaccine programs. Responsibilities include generation and characterization of reagents, performance of experiments for development and qualification of assays, assay throughput for the pre-clinical and clinical studies and writing related procedures and reports. As an integral member of the dynamic team, the incumbent must have a strong work ethic and be highly collaborative with the other group members. All the above includes practicing laboratory safety at all times and efforts toward GLP compliance.
1. Perform all functions to support assay development and analysis of non-clinical and clinical samples.
2. Perform assays to support critical assay reagent testing, assay development/ troubleshooting.
3. Collect, collate and analyze data on a per project basis to support assay development, troubleshooting, reagent evaluation and qualification and other lab projects.
4. Assist in ordering supplies from internal inventory and order/prepare reagents/supplies necessary for assay work. Assist in updating and writing documents associated with assays, including information/data archiving, SOPs and status reports.
5. Satisfactorily complete all GLP and safety training in conformance with Departmental requirements.
6. Stay current on all departmental and corporate training.
7. Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and 1 year relevant experience, or a Master's degree.
Internal candidate must have worked in CDAD for a minimum of 6 months
Technical Skills Requirements:
Laboratory experience in a biology, immunology and/or microbiology. Knowledge of Luminex technology, ELISA and aseptic techniques is a plus. The incumbent will be trained on required Policies, Practices, and Procedures needed to support work responsibilities. Proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is desirable. Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
|Position Type:||Full Time|
- Customer Service Representative | McAllen | TTEC
- Senior Program Manager - Business Transformation | Irvine | Edwards Lifesciences
- Bilingual Customer Service Representative - Spanish | McAllen | TTEC
- (CEN) Windows / Patching Administrator -- Telecommute / Nationwide | Austin | TTEC
- Sales Manager III | Melbourne | TTEC