Tech Program Mgr 133957 job in Norfolk
Show me jobs like this one
|Job Category:||Information Technology|
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.|
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Technical Program Manager
The Tech Program Manager position will be responsible for directly managing the delivery of Medicare/Medicaid related projects. This role will also be responsible for the development and ongoing management of one or more programs. This position will report directly to the Director of Medicare Execution within the IT PMO Organization.
Responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to ensure delivery of project deliverables, processes, and systems. Supports continuous improvement of project execution and delivery processes.
Able to lead and manage program / project business and IT stakeholders in a collaborative manner in order to successfully deliver planned scope, with quality, and according to approved timelines.
Individual should be able to work independently and align with direction provided by leadership for executing according to organizational project management and execution methodologies.
In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager, which include managing all aspects of a project including initiation, planning, execution, and closing, primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide transparency to issues, risks, internal / external dependencies, and understand when escalation is needed to overcome obstacles
• Build trusted sponsor and stakeholder relationships
• Communicate effectively by adapting style and message for diverse audiences
• Demonstrate confidence in resolving issues through negotiation with business and IT partners to achieve project goals
• Demonstrate understanding of Agile framework and iterative development practices and implement methods for tracking deliverables generated within this model
• Incorporate Anthem Agil / SAFe concepts into execution activities as appropriate and as directed by the IT PMO and the Anthem Agile Center of Excellence
• Understand program/project scope, critical path functionality, and relationship to testing
• Monitoring and tracking to completion all Program development, configuration, and testing activities to ensure readiness for project milestones
• Leading project meetings; identifying, documenting and prioritizing scope changes; facilitating approval process; maintaining / updating project documents
• Ensuring stakeholders are held accountable for assignments and escalation is conducted when needed in a timely manner
• Project Management Institute PMP certification required within 1 year of job placement and prior to moving to next level required.
• IT career experience/background and/or BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focused degree
• Minimum of 5 years professional project management experience managing increasing project size and complexity
• Experienced working with both business and IT stakeholders
• A strong background and experience in testing and managing program level cross-functional and end to end testing activities
• Demonstrated application of and proven success of project management methodology, management tools, analysis and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required.
• Tracking and managing time and budget against plan
• Experience in creating an effective team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts
• Experience communicating with a variety of both business and technology stakeholders and cross-functional groups
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development framework
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum teams and iterative development approaches
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• 3-5 years of experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications.
• Working with business and IT stakeholders to develop project scope and manage the requirements development process
• Working with business and IT stakeholders to develop a work breakdown structure for monitoring and controlling assigned work through deliverables completion
• Executing communication plans & regularly reporting status to the Program/Executive leadership
• Applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems
• Experience in highly integrated multi-tier large scale applications
In addition, there are more advanced core professional skills that are required for the candidate to be successful:
• Ability to drive change in the face of ambiguity
• Strong decision making skills and good judgment based on experience
• Ability to work independently while handling multiple projects with changing priorities and deadlines.
• Healthcare experience preferred with focus in Medicaid/Medicare understanding
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2016 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
|Employer:|| Anthem Inc.|