You will love working here. Harmonic Drive LLC is currently growing. We strive to hire only the best and brightest. Having the best talent means rewarding our employees with the best benefit plans. We offer 100% paid medical, dental, short-term, and long-term disability, as well as a well-funded 401k plan.
The Electrical-Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing, building, commissioning, troubleshooting and supporting electro-mechanical test equipment. This role will provide support to HDLLC Engineering, Sales Engineers, Manufacturing and Assembly personnel for standard and custom electromechanical products, as well as customers and external engineers to ensure the correct selection, implementation and use of HDLLC products.
- Responsible for electromechanical design using creativity and pragmatic problem solving skills with a willingness to take ownership of a project.
- Conducts LabView programming and data analyses in area of motion control and data acquisition.
- Thorough knowledge of electromechanical power transmission and motion control for motors, drives, controllers and encoders, with a fine attention to detail.
- Make recommendations based on data analysis and findings.
- Provide guidance and support to the engineering teams for the design of custom and modified standard electromechanical products
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Solid understanding of the dynamics of motion and a fundamental knowledge of precision Power Transmission components.
- Hands on assembly of electromechanical components and test experience are essential.
- Hands on experience in assembly and wiring of electrical and electronic components are essential.
- Ability to multitask in an accurate timely and organized fashion.
- Understanding of ISO procedural requirements for all aspects of tasks.
- Ability to write technical reports and make presentations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a pleasant and professional telephone manner.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office).
- A good understanding of the importance of customer satisfaction.
- Enthusiastic team player
- BSEE or equivalent or related proven capability and experience.
- 5+ years strong electromechanical experience in an engineering or manufacturing environment preferred.
Manual dexterity sufficient to operate machinery for precision work.
Visual acuity (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect machined parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
Frequently required to sit, stand, move about the floor, talk, hear, bend and reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Ability to squat or kneel occasionally