Veterans Jobs - Chief of Staff, Early Clinical Development (ECD) in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States job in Cambridge
Show me jobs like this one
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of Early Clinical Development (ECD), this leader is responsible for proactively supporting the SVP in communications, messaging, development of the organization, and implementation of its strategy. In addition, the positions will support the long term vision and mission of the organization.|
The CoS will work closely with the SVP of ECD to enable effective cross-functional collaboration and communication of to enable strategic and efficient delivery of our programs to the WRD organization. The CoS will enable the SVP to effectively communicate and ensure effective messaging to internal and external stakeholders.
The CoS will also partner with the SVP ECD and ECD LT on talent management and development, biannual GPM processes and colleague engagement surveys and action planning. In addition the CoS will manage a small team of managerial assistants supporting the broader ECD organization.
• Drive day-to-day operational support for the ECD SVP key interactions, meetings, presentations, etc.
• Support/coordinate ECDLT and Extended ECDLT
• Help address and coordinate requests from various Pfizer stakeholders, e.g., WRDLT, RU members, GPD members, etc.
• Support selected ECD-related activities (e.g., off sites, site visits, ECD Town halls, ECD Function Town halls)
• Interface with and engage key stakeholders (e.g., WRD-LT members, WRD-LT Chiefs of Staff and other WRD members, ECD leaders and members, RU and GPD leaders, and Business line leaders) to manage and coordinate operational and planning needs on behalf of the ECD SVP
• Manage and oversee end-to-end planning of ECD LT and Extended LT meetings
o Plan and define meeting agendas
o Coordinate pre-read and presentation materials
o Plan and coordinate attendance of non-LT participants
o Issue and track meeting agreements/action items
o Optimize and focus time on the highest priority areas.
• Support planning, management and coordination of key complex meetings for the SVP of ECD
• Partner with Communications team to support planning and management of internal and external communications needs of the SVP of ECD, e.g.,
• Town Halls, site visits, external appearances, press releases, media coverage, etc.
• Support ECD vision and goals through close partnership with the strategy and operations function within ECD to effectively implement operational plans and priorities
• Partner with HR to design and lead various development opportunities for groups, teams, and individuals in ECD
• Support the creation of annual ECD goals and mid-year/year-end goals assessment
• From time to time, participate in / lead selected cross-ECD planning efforts & initiatives in partnership with the ECD Head of Strategy and Operations
• Manage interface with key external foundations/organizations as it relates to ECD membership
• Help navigate broader WRD and Pfizer organization to quickly connect colleagues to appropriate individuals or resources, as needed
• Develop strong understanding of our R&D strategy, pipeline and capabilities, and actively leverage this knowledge to inform priorities for ECD-LT & SVP of ECD activities
• Provide advice and guidance to the SVP of ECD pertaining to internal events as well as the external environment. Be an objective sounding board.
• Handle correspondence and requests for the SVP of ECD's time.
• Effectively manages the ECD office managers and administrative assistants and effectively plans resources planning to ensure appropriate administrative support to the ECD organization.
• Collaborates and coordinates with the COS for WRD to manage business reviews and site visits.
• Works proactively with WRD Chiefs of Staff to deliver robust planning and partnerships.
• Manages and executes critical meetings, events, commitments and communications to ensure input is provided, stakeholders are informed, and successful outcomes are achieved.
• Member of ECDLT with responsibilities for meeting coordination, agenda management, minutes, action tracking and closeout.
• Bachelor's degree (advanced degree a plus e.g. MBA, etc.)
• >5 years of experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry or equivalent
• R&D Operational and Business Line knowledge/experience a plus
• Therapeutic area experience is preferable
• Experience in team and organizational building and integration
• Partnering strategy experience with both internal external stakeholders is required
• Familiarity with the Pfizer organization (or other relevant organization), particularly R&D/Business Units/Enabling Functions preferred
• Must have a scientific background and strong interest in learning more about our R&D strategy, pipeline, key assets and capabilities
• Proven ability in managing day-to-day Planning and Communication activities
• Experienced in communicating and interacting with Senior Executive stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal skills, organizational maturity and ability to develop a network of trusted relationships with peers and other stakeholders
• Robust understanding of biopharmaceutical industry, R&D processes, and the external and internal business environment
• Possess a high energy level, sense of urgency, creativity, decisiveness, ability to work hard and well under pressure
• Demonstrated ability to influence without hierarchy across the organization
• Ability to manage and lead a small number of administrative colleagues
• Commitment to leadership, diversity and talent development
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Additional Offer Details:
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.